AA advert steals hearts with Tukker The Dog, encouraging you to drive again

The AA is encouraging drivers to take summer road trips with the launch of an advert featuring Tukker the dog.

AA's Tukker the dog

As lockdown restrictions ease up across the UK, the AA is encouraging people to get behind the wheel again for Summer road trips, with the launch of their new advert.

Competing with the infamous Andrex puppy, the AA has introduced a new furry friend to our screens – Tukker the dog. The 50 second clip features Tukker turning on a record player and jumping in front of a fan, and dreaming of that summer feeling of the wind blowing through his hair (or fur, in his case).

Created by communications agency adam&eveDDB, and directed by the Perlorian Brothers, the animation-style advert is aimed at families that are looking for staycations and road trips during a summer when relaxing holidays seem like a thing of the past. But with an insight into the joy Tukker feels in his living room, many have been reminded of the joy of the open road.

An AA spokesperson said: “Tukker longs for the feeling of freedom – the pure enjoyment of being out in the car without a care in the world. He loves adventure, as well as that quick trip to the dog groomers for a post-lockdown cut. He always wants the window down with the wind blowing through his fur and his favourite track on.

“It doesn’t matter where he’s going – his eyes are never brighter and his tail never wags harder, than when he’s out on the open road.”

Along with the video ad, there will be a social media campaign featuring gifs of Tukker, as well as a Spotify partnership with sponsored road trip playlists.

55 Comments on AA advert steals hearts with Tukker The Dog, encouraging you to drive again

1. Colleen Willcox // July 16, 2020 at 2:52 pm // Reply

Please tell me where I can either buy the pattern for that wooly dog or where to get that cuddly dog it’s adorable. Pretty please

2. Id love to buy a Tukker dog, he is so like my lily.

• Ruth Priestley Yates // July 30, 2020 at 11:45 pm // Reply

I want /need /desire /must have a Tukker dog for Xmas I will be 66 please make this so

• MAXINE HORNER // July 31, 2020 at 11:51 am // Reply

please please make a tukker dog hes absolutely gorgeous i would definately buy him! Ime just starting an on line business & would even be happy be happy to help you sell him! 😃 ♥

3. Ellie Keating // July 22, 2020 at 11:30 pm // Reply

I would really love a woolley Tukker dog . Is he available to buy?

4. Lynette Serginson // July 24, 2020 at 8:12 pm // Reply

Really need tukker asap

5. Cheryl Anderson // July 25, 2020 at 9:24 pm // Reply

Please can you let me know where I can buy a tukker dog

6. Martin Mangin // July 25, 2020 at 10:13 pm // Reply

Yet another dog lover wanting to buy Tukker the AA dog

7. Carol Ann bithell // July 27, 2020 at 9:14 am // Reply

Where can i buy tukker the dog

8. Fay Watson // July 27, 2020 at 11:20 am // Reply

Come on sell Tukker the dog and donate to helping dog charities. Please
    Fay

9. Duncan MacRae // July 27, 2020 at 1:53 pm // Reply

Unfortunately, the AA currently has no plans to sell Tukkers, but we have passed your interest on to the company’s marketing team.

10. Elizabeth Anne Shore // July 30, 2020 at 12:39 am // Reply

would love to buy a Tukker dog. What a lovely idea to raise funds for dog charities. Showing the AA have a caring side for the community.

11. Jane McNeill // July 31, 2020 at 8:33 pm // Reply

I too would love to buy Tucker the dog – he is just amazing

12. Susan Kennedy // August 2, 2020 at 11:04 pm // Reply

Like so many, I would love to purchase Tukker the AA dog. He is so sweet. It would be a great shame to not make him available to buy. It would make so many people happy and as suggested it would certainly be worth supporting the dog charities. Please please make it happen. Thank you.

13. Sonjie Marshall // August 3, 2020 at 6:35 pm // Reply

Come on AA you are missing a trick get Tukker dog on the market

14. Jackie Long // August 3, 2020 at 8:20 pm // Reply

Please produce a pattern to make Tukker, he’s wonderful.

15. Stephen Peasey // August 3, 2020 at 9:31 pm // Reply

We also would love to get TUCKER the dog please AA make him available

16. Lindsay J Brindle // August 3, 2020 at 10:28 pm // Reply

I really want a Tukker dog!!

17. Christine Johnson // August 3, 2020 at 11:42 pm // Reply

I also want a tukker dog. AA you’ve got to put this on the market and I’ll.put my name down now!! At least a pattern but dog would be better and would sell like hot dogs.

18. Ian Robinson // August 4, 2020 at 3:33 pm // Reply

Whenever they come available please let me know

19. Alison Jones // August 4, 2020 at 5:37 pm // Reply

Yeah I want one for my granddaughter please.

20. Vanessa Sweet // August 5, 2020 at 8:35 pm // Reply

I too would love a Tukker dog. Could you please let me know if they become available to buy.
    ❤️🐕😀

21. Chris Moore // August 6, 2020 at 9:09 pm // Reply

This dog is so cute whoever designed it is onto a winner Christmas is coming and i know dozens of people who want their own tukker dog If the AA does not make and market this dog it will be a huge missed opportunity to get your brand into peoples homes. Todays kids are tomorrow’s members ……. you should do this now . Dogs are mans best friend and this is the best Ad ever!!!!

22. Simon O'Brien // August 7, 2020 at 9:02 pm // Reply

i would love one as well.

23. Susan edwards // August 11, 2020 at 6:02 pm // Reply

I would love Tukker would even take out pet insurance to get him

24. Stephanie tyrer // August 15, 2020 at 2:03 pm // Reply

Please marketers you must know you are on to a winner by producing this as a soft toy especially with Christmas approaching,will be most wanted gift

25. Graham Currie // August 16, 2020 at 1:39 pm // Reply

It’s getting near Christmas and the wife has fallen in love with this character. Please market this toy.

26. Ann Livingstone // August 17, 2020 at 8:24 pm // Reply

Please, please market a Tukker for people to buy. Great idea for some of the proceeds goo to dog charities.

27. I want one to wind up my little lad who’s his double. Now that would be funny.

28. Alison Cameron // August 18, 2020 at 12:22 am // Reply

29. Barbara Suchorzewski // August 18, 2020 at 12:01 pm // Reply

Please think about producing a Tukker AA dog. I’m also a great fan and would love to add one to my collection. It could be made to boost much needed finances for dog charities. It could even raise money for guide dogs for the blind maybe or the RSPCA. With Christmas coming you’re onto a winner.

30. AA let Tukker find lots of new homes, he makes everybody smile and in the current climate we all need to smile more- share the happiness with everyone. He could even have an AA tag on his ear or collar. Please release him, reminds me of a song. 🙂

31. Mary Jessop // August 18, 2020 at 4:50 pm // Reply

Schnauzers are our fav dog, we have had them since the 1970s, but we are to old to start again so would love to have Tukker to sit on our bed, please make him available soon, he is gorgeous.

32. Paul Fowler // August 18, 2020 at 6:51 pm // Reply

Tukker is the image of our late pet Digby. We would love to have him, Please market him, if not you are missing a trick

33. Love this advert; I have two “real” Tukkers and would love to either “create” Tukker myself or purchase one.
    Come on AA my 88 year old Mum would love to have a Tukker too.

34. Clare Dobbs // August 19, 2020 at 1:49 pm // Reply

Tukker the AA dog is awesome!! Desperately want one in our camper home!! He can sit on the front seat with the window down! My collie always watches him on the TV, how cute is that!!!

35. Everyone wants a tukker please make them

36. Please, please, please get your marketing team to make Tukker available to buy. We all love him and my partner would love this for Christmas. PLEASE!!!

37. Oh wow just love Tukker! Want to cuddle him all day

38. Maureen Lawrie Dickinson // August 21, 2020 at 9:24 pm // Reply

You have got to make this happen, so many people are desperate for a Tukker. He definitely gives me that feel good factor.

39. I also want to buy tukker! Please make him so we can buy one! I want one!

40. Stephen HAMBLIN // August 23, 2020 at 12:56 am // Reply

My daughter has Down’s syndrome you try explaining she can’t have one !!! When she would love one

41. Would love to buy tukker, would be even better if some of the money was donated to animal charities, come AA do the right thing. PLEASE..

42. I am like all the previous lovers of Tukker the dog, I would love to buy him

43. Please make Tukker available to buy! How about donating any profit on sale to Dogs Trust or other dog charities? He’s a star for the AA and all UK dogs!

44. Like hundreds of others, I Would love a Tukker dog! ( I have 2 cockapoos and he does look like a woolly version) Making him would make so many people happy and donating some of the money to dog charities would be brilliant marketing for the AA (we are already members) PLEASE PLEASE give our requests much consideration. Thank you

45. As an owner of a darling Miniature Schnauzer who is no longer with us,as soon as I saw this my heart melted and if there is ever a chance it can be produced as a lovely,adorable available Tukker to own then I’d love to be one of the first in the very long,ever-growing queue!
    Please endeavour to make this a possibility for a great cause,maybe Battersea Dogs Home or similar or split between lots as there will surely be enough ready buyers to generate lots of funds.
    There really must be a great deal produced, though, in order to make everyone happy!

46. Ursula Rayne // August 26, 2020 at 6:32 pm // Reply

Please make a knitting pattern for the lovely AA dog 🐶 Regards Ursula Rayne.

47. Love Tucker. Go on AA market the dog. You could put an AA collar on him .

48. Dear AA, I want a Tukker Dog for my birthday September 15th please. I’ll be 62 years young! X

49. I would only join the AA if they give me a Tukker in my life otherwise I’m staying with RAC
    see ya AA

50. Well put it this way I would join the AA if I could have or buy a Tukker as my mate to go on my lonely journeys together, looks like I’m sticking with the RAC
    Meerkats insurance and loads of money made from them.
    Get the sticker of Tukker at least surely that’s a cheaper option too???!!
    He would be on my car window