AA advert steals hearts with Tukker The Dog, encouraging you to drive again

The AA is encouraging drivers to take summer road trips with the launch of an advert featuring Tukker the dog.

AA's Tukker the dog

As lockdown restrictions ease up across the UK, the AA is encouraging people to get behind the wheel again for Summer road trips, with the launch of their new advert.

Competing with the infamous Andrex puppy, the AA has introduced a new furry friend to our screens – Tukker the dog. The 50 second clip features Tukker turning on a record player and jumping in front of a fan, and dreaming of that summer feeling of the wind blowing through his hair (or fur, in his case).

Created by communications agency adam&eveDDB, and directed by the Perlorian Brothers, the animation-style advert is aimed at families that are looking for staycations and road trips during a summer when relaxing holidays seem like a thing of the past. But with an insight into the joy Tukker feels in his living room, many have been reminded of the joy of the open road.

An AA spokesperson said: “Tukker longs for the feeling of freedom – the pure enjoyment of being out in the car without a care in the world. He loves adventure, as well as that quick trip to the dog groomers for a post-lockdown cut. He always wants the window down with the wind blowing through his fur and his favourite track on.

“It doesn’t matter where he’s going – his eyes are never brighter and his tail never wags harder, than when he’s out on the open road.”

Along with the video ad, there will be a social media campaign featuring gifs of Tukker, as well as a Spotify partnership with sponsored road trip playlists.

24 Comments on AA advert steals hearts with Tukker The Dog, encouraging you to drive again

1. Colleen Willcox // July 16, 2020 at 2:52 pm // Reply

Please tell me where I can either buy the pattern for that wooly dog or where to get that cuddly dog it’s adorable. Pretty please

2. Id love to buy a Tukker dog, he is so like my lily.

• Ruth Priestley Yates // July 30, 2020 at 11:45 pm // Reply

I want /need /desire /must have a Tukker dog for Xmas I will be 66 please make this so

• MAXINE HORNER // July 31, 2020 at 11:51 am // Reply

please please make a tukker dog hes absolutely gorgeous i would definately buy him! Ime just starting an on line business & would even be happy be happy to help you sell him! 😃 ♥

3. Ellie Keating // July 22, 2020 at 11:30 pm // Reply

I would really love a woolley Tukker dog . Is he available to buy?

4. Lynette Serginson // July 24, 2020 at 8:12 pm // Reply

Really need tukker asap

5. Cheryl Anderson // July 25, 2020 at 9:24 pm // Reply

Please can you let me know where I can buy a tukker dog

6. Martin Mangin // July 25, 2020 at 10:13 pm // Reply

Yet another dog lover wanting to buy Tukker the AA dog

7. Carol Ann bithell // July 27, 2020 at 9:14 am // Reply

Where can i buy tukker the dog

8. Fay Watson // July 27, 2020 at 11:20 am // Reply

Come on sell Tukker the dog and donate to helping dog charities. Please
    Fay

9. Duncan MacRae // July 27, 2020 at 1:53 pm // Reply

Unfortunately, the AA currently has no plans to sell Tukkers, but we have passed your interest on to the company’s marketing team.

10. Elizabeth Anne Shore // July 30, 2020 at 12:39 am // Reply

would love to buy a Tukker dog. What a lovely idea to raise funds for dog charities. Showing the AA have a caring side for the community.

11. Jane McNeill // July 31, 2020 at 8:33 pm // Reply

I too would love to buy Tucker the dog – he is just amazing

12. Susan Kennedy // August 2, 2020 at 11:04 pm // Reply

Like so many, I would love to purchase Tukker the AA dog. He is so sweet. It would be a great shame to not make him available to buy. It would make so many people happy and as suggested it would certainly be worth supporting the dog charities. Please please make it happen. Thank you.

13. Sonjie Marshall // August 3, 2020 at 6:35 pm // Reply

Come on AA you are missing a trick get Tukker dog on the market

14. Jackie Long // August 3, 2020 at 8:20 pm // Reply

Please produce a pattern to make Tukker, he’s wonderful.

15. Stephen Peasey // August 3, 2020 at 9:31 pm // Reply

We also would love to get TUCKER the dog please AA make him available

16. Lindsay J Brindle // August 3, 2020 at 10:28 pm // Reply

I really want a Tukker dog!!

17. Christine Johnson // August 3, 2020 at 11:42 pm // Reply

I also want a tukker dog. AA you’ve got to put this on the market and I’ll.put my name down now!! At least a pattern but dog would be better and would sell like hot dogs.

18. Ian Robinson // August 4, 2020 at 3:33 pm // Reply

Whenever they come available please let me know

19. Alison Jones // August 4, 2020 at 5:37 pm // Reply

Yeah I want one for my granddaughter please.

20. Vanessa Sweet // August 5, 2020 at 8:35 pm // Reply

I too would love a Tukker dog. Could you please let me know if they become available to buy.
    ❤️🐕😀

21. Chris Moore // August 6, 2020 at 9:09 pm // Reply

This dog is so cute whoever designed it is onto a winner Christmas is coming and i know dozens of people who want their own tukker dog If the AA does not make and market this dog it will be a huge missed opportunity to get your brand into peoples homes. Todays kids are tomorrow’s members ……. you should do this now . Dogs are mans best friend and this is the best Ad ever!!!!

22. Simon O'Brien // August 7, 2020 at 9:02 pm // Reply

i would love one as well.